The purpose of the Charity is:-
1) The provision of items, services and facilities for the school and any other school substantially serving the preferred area (the Parishes of Carlton-Curliew, Cranoe, East Langton. Foxton, Goadby Glooston, Gumley, Illiston-on-the-Hill, Shangton, Slawston, Stanton-Wyville, Thorpe Langton and Tur Langton).
2) The promotion of education (including religious education in accordance with the principles and doctrines of the Church of England and social and physical training) of persons under the age of 25 who are, or have a parent or parents, resident in the area of benefit and who are in need of financial assistance, with a preference for such persons who are, or who are a parent or parents, resident in the preferred area.
3) The relief of persons resident in the preferred area who are in need, hardship or distress. In exceptional cases the trustees may decide to assist someone (who is otherwise qualified) who is resident outside the preferred area.
4) The relief of persons in need resident in the preferred area who are sick, convalescent, disabled or infirm by relieving their suffering or assisting their recovery. In exceptional cases the trustees may decide to assist someone (who is otherwise qualified) who is resident outside the preferred area.
5) To further the religious and other charitable work of the Church of England by:
a) contributing towards the payment of salaries to the organists for the time being officiating in the Churches at Church Langton, Thorpe Langton and Tur Langton for their services as organists in the said churches; or
b) providing books for the said churches and organists; or
c) maintaining the organs in the said churches; or
d) providing instruction in music for pupils at the school.
Clerk to the Trustees
4 Fernie Chase
Phone: 01858 545824