The Severn-Trent Regional Flood Defence Committee (RFDC) is a body through which the Environment Agency Midlands Region carries out its work on flood risk management. It is responsible for:-
· Maintaining or improving any watercourses which are designated as main rivers;
· Maintaining or improving any tidal defences;
· Installing and operating flood warning systems;
· Controlling actions by riparian owners or occupiers which might interfere with the free flow of watercourses;
· Supervising internal drainage boards.
External Relations Officer
Phone: 0208 474 7929