The role of the Forum is to:-
1. Provide advice to the County Council on the improvement of public access to land within the County for the purpose of open-air recreation and enjoyment of the area.
2. Respond to the Countryside Agency on the draft maps of open country and registered common land.
3. In an advisory capacity, contribute to the development of the Rights of Way Improvement Plan for the County.
4. Comment on the County Council's access strategies with a view to developing additional opportunities for everyone to enjoy the rights of way network, with particular emphasis on encouraging those who might feel excluded, for example people with disabilities.
5. Advise on the promotion of opportunities for the appropriate use and enjoyment of the countryside.
6. Advise upon the appropriate management and maintenance of access to land in the County to which the public have access for open-air recreation.
Chief Executive's Department
Leicestershire County Council
County Hall, Glenfield
Phone: 0116 305 7112