The Stepping Stones Project
The Stepping Stones project aims to:-
- Improve access for all:
- Initiate the development of new routes and
circular paths around the Project area
- Facilitate improvements to access routes.
- Promote and encourage routes to be
accessible to all sectors of the community
- Promote and encourage development of new
sites where there are increased opportunities for public enjoyment,
appreciation and awareness of the countryside.
- Enhance the countryside:
- Promote and provide advice, technical
support and financial assistance on countryside management and
environmental improvement issues.
- Support initiatives that encourage and
promote sustainable agricultural practice within the project area.
- Increase the area and quality of woodland
cover where appropriate.
- Support and promote opportunities for
community based habitat creation and management schemes
- Improve awareness of the countryside:
- Encourage opportunities for training
- Develop and support opportunities for
- Promote responsible use of the countryside
- Raise awareness of the conflicts and
pressures facing the countryside.
- Encourage community action:
- Encouraging positive action to protect
- Provide some of the resources to enable
local people to plan, implement and manage projects on the ground
- Facilitate links between the private sector
and community groups.
- Support and encourage nature conservation
Stepping Stones Project Manager
Environmental Action Team
Leicestershire County Council
County Hall, Glenfield