Decision Maker: Development Control and Regulatory Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(a) That the application be permitted subject to the conditions nos. 1-13 as set out in the appendix to the report, subject to amendment to condition no. 11 so that it states:
“No part of the development hereby permitted shall be first occupied until a School Travel Plan which sets out actions and measures with quantifiable outputs and outcome targets has been submitted to and agreed in writing by the County Planning Authority. The Travel Plan shall address the travel implications of the use of the whole school site as if the development approved were to have been fully completed and occupied. The Travel Plan shall specify facilities and measures with measurable output and outcome targets designed to:
• Reduce single occupancy vehicle use, reduce vehicular travel at peak traffic times and reduce vehicle emissions for journeys made for all purposes to and from the school; and
• Increase the choice and use of alternative transport modes for any journeys likely to be made to and from the school and, in particular, to secure increases in the proportion of travel by car sharing, cycling and walking modes.
The Travel Plan shall also specify:
• The on-site Plan implementation and management responsibilities, including the identification of a Travel Plan Co-ordinator;
• The arrangements for regular travel behaviour and impact monitoring surveys and Plan reviews covering a minimum of 5 years from first occupation of the development hereby permitted;
• The timescales or phasing programmes for delivery of the Plan’s proposals and for the achievement of the specified output and outcome targets, and
• Additional facilities and measures to be implemented if monitoring shows that the Plan’s targets are not likely to be met, together with clear trigger dates, events or threshold levels for invoking these measures.
Once approved the School Travel Plan shall be implemented in accordance with the approved details.”
(b) That the Board confirms (as required by the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 (as amended) that in dealing with the application the County Council worked in a positive and proactive manner, taking account of paragraphs 186 and 187 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
Divisions Affected: Coalville South;
Contact: Claire Spokes Email: Claire.Spokes@leics.gov.uk.
Report author: Chief Executive
Publication date: 19/02/2019
Date of decision: 14/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 14/02/2019 - Development Control and Regulatory Board